Every few months I have an intense craving for a BLT with avocado and extra mayo. Like really intense. I usually give in and go to the local deli but this summer I’m trying to eat healthy and drop a bunch of extra jiggle before I head out for my August vacation — that means seriously chilling out on the carb intake.
Enter the BLT salad — a carb free alternative that completely hit the spot and satisfied my craving. I made this with green goddess dressing but you can use whatever salad dressing makes you happy.
Enjoy this carb-free (not) guilty pleasure and enjoy your sunny summer weekend!
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chuncks
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 tablespoons of green goddess dressing (or any dressing of your choice)
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Place the bacon on the pan and cook until crispy (approximately 8 minutes). Set aside. When cool, break apart into large pieces.
- Shred the romaine lettuce into 1 inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss together with the salad dressing.
- Separate the salad into bowls and top with the avocado, bacon and tomatoes. Serve with extra dressing if desired.