I’m in Miami this week — Last night I came in at 4am … carrying my heels into the hotel room… and then ate a slice of pizza in bed. So yeah, today is kind of a struggle. Since I’m feeling like I want the rest of my morning to be as easy as possible (at least until I have my second cup of coffee), I decided to give you guys the easiest recipe I have in my arsenal — Spicy Roasted Chickpeas.
After 30 minutes in the oven, normally hearty, mealy and dense chickpeas become light, crisp and full of flavor. These are an easy and inexpensive snack that happens to be healthy and packed with protein.
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon corriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain the chickpeas from the can and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Lay them out on a kitchen towel and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the spices with the olive oil. Add the chickpeas and toss until all of the chickpeas and coated with the seasoning.
- Lay the chickpeas out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Put in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, until the chickpeas are dry and crispy.
- Store in an airtight container.